Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Another Little Quilt Swap

I signed up for Another Little Quilt Swap - in the Art Quilt division. Kate divided the group this time. Quilt must be mailed by mid-November.

I started by making these leaf prints outside a couple weeks ago - messy!!!!
After the prints dried, I went to my design wall.
I purchased a couple fall leaf prints in Grand Rapids and decided to use some of those leaves.

After quilting some "wind lines," I free motion quilted veins in the leaves to hold them down using verigated thread.


The final little quilt has some beads on it, too. On the orange leaves in the lower right.




This is ready to sent to _____ way off in _____.
I will add this tote bag I made yesterday in the package.










5 comments:

floribunda said...

beautiful! now I sorta wish I had signed up for "art"...

Gina said...

It's beautiful

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Lorraine said...

Wow...that is amazing.....I did an arty quilt last time but signed up for traditional this time...so your little beauty isn't bound for my house! I am sure whoever gets it will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

I DID sign up for an art quilt, soooo maybe this beauty is heading my way??? Great Job.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I'd like to thank you!!!!!!! Yahoooo I'm a lucky one. I have got this wonderful beauty!!! I love it! I love it! I love it!!!! And thank you for the present!!!! Today I'm happy like a child :)) uch... we need so little to be happy :)