Here you can see a couple faces. There are attached small embelished circles with sayings on the back.
They are sending a picture and the story of this quilt to an art quilt magazine. It is truely a work of art.
I would LOVE to find some fellow quilters that would be interested in something like this.
Purple and lime cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another bright quilt. Love the piano keys border!!
There were 3 quilts using this technique - this was my fav. I would LOVE to know just how it was done...............I really like the jolt it gives the viewer!!!
A fun, bright quilt.
Pat is on the left. We stayed at the beautiful home of Tresa - the one in the middle.
This is the home of Tresa and Skip in Petoskey. Notice the quilt flag on the porch and the sign about the quilt show in the yard - and the for sale sign.
The house is 113 years old and refinished and decorated to the hilt!!!!!!!!!!!
Notice the door!!!!!!!!! Handpainted, of course!!!
This is the room I had - Pat had the bridal room - family wedding pics all over.

This is the room I had - Pat had the bridal room - family wedding pics all over.
This is the back of home - so beautiful...............
I was filling out raffle ticket forms and surprised to see a Lansing friend, Terry. She had seen a home with a quilt flag and sign advertising the quilt show on a street in town - the very home where I had spent the the night!!!
We enjoyed a quick visit and it was time for all of us to leave.
We drove back to Lake Michigan and I got to meet Boomer - a 6 month old cutie.
We drove back to Lake Michigan and I got to meet Boomer - a 6 month old cutie.
We went for a walk on the beach - I did a little running, too. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and suddenly it was 6:30!!!!!!!!!!
I always pull out my camera to catch the sunset when I can. In this shot, I used the flash to get the brush in close.

The Little Point Sable lighthouse is just up the beach.
Another sunset picture and off to bed.

The same shot in the morning.
I went to church with Pat and Frank and then drove home - bringing fresh asparagus and strawberries for dinner. My folks came to dinner - Happy Father's Day.
The Little Point Sable lighthouse is just up the beach.
The same shot in the morning.
It was a great get-away - and over all too soon.
I'm refilling the cookie jar with chocolate chip cookies and posting at this moment.
My bed is calling............
1 comment:
I actually have a book that teaches this method ---and, would you believe it?!!! some fabric that I hope to use someday to do it! The home is lovely --- unfortunately, no plans to move to Petoskey. Thanks for sharing the pics --- and, who among us is surprised that you liked the faces?!
Post a Comment